The whole SEO industry encountered a noteworthy change in the course of recent years. Subsequently, numerous online advertisers have significantly changed their systems and techniques. Ranking high on Google for focused keywords is not as simple as it was three years back.
Since black hat SEO is increasingly hard to execute and less and more averse to convey results, another kind of SEO has risen called “negative SEO.”
This is a guide that will help you comprehend what negative SEO is and how you can shield your business from turning into a casualty or victim. If that you are not kidding about building your image on the web and protecting it, this is something you should know.
What is Negative SEO?
Negative SEO is the act of utilizing black hat and faulty unethical techniques to undermine a competitor’s rankings in web indexes. Negative SEO effects can be seen in different forms:
- Hacking your site
- Building thousands of spam links to your site
- Copying your content and dispersing it over the web
- Guiding links toward your site utilizing keywords like Viagra, poker online, and numerous others
- Making fake social profiles and demolishing your identity and reputation online
- Evacuating the best backlinks your site has
Is Negative SEO a Real Threat?
Yes, probably. Negative SEO is real, and various sites have to manage this issue. However preventing negative SEO is quite easier than solving and fixing it.
Google has discharged the Disavow Tool to help website admins manage this issue, however, the instrument ought to be utilized with alert and just if all and everything else fails.
Step to Prevent Negative SEO Attacks
- Set up Google Webmaster Tools Email Alerts
- Monitor Your Backlinks Profile
- Ensure Your Best Backlinks
- Secure Your Website from Malware and Hackers
- Check for Duplicate Content
- Screen Your Social Media Mentions
- Monitor Your Website Speed
- Try not to be a Victim of Your Own SEO Strategies
- Try not to Make Enemies Online
Instructions to Combat Negative SEO against Your Website
- Make a List with the Backlinks You Should Remove
- Attempt to Remove the Bad Links
- Make a Disavow List
Site security and search engine impressions are critical for any site that needs to succeed. This is a synopsis of the things you can do to avoid negative SEO:
- Make email cautions and alerts from Google Webmaster Tools.
- Track your backlinks profile and get email cautions & alerts when you get new links, with certain tools like MonitorBacklinks.com.
- Secure your site from malware hackers. Utilize the Google Authenticator plugin for Word Press.
- Check for a copy or duplicate content with Copyscape.com.
- Discover notices of your organization name via web-based networking media and sites with Mention.net.
- Screen site uptime with Pingdom.com.
- Don’t unintentionally utilize negative SEO against your site.
- Try not to make enemies